Hero Worship & Boxing.

This used to be a blog about heroes. I wrote tongue in cheek letters to folks I looked up to. I even got some replies. Now it will also include my attempts at boxing writing. And possibly some more letters, if I get around to it.



Monday 13 September 2010

Don't Stop Believing.

Despite Louis Theroux's exceptionally polite rebuttal of my documentary pitch, I have decided not to throw in the towel in my quest for the two of us to meet. And given that lovely Louis is also the first of my heroes to write back, I felt that a prompt reply was the least that I owed to him.



Dear Louis,


May I express my sincere gratitude for your taking the time to reply to my documentary pitch. Though I am a little disappointed that it seems unlikely we will be able to work together on that particular project, there is no need to apologise for being unable to reply sooner. I expected as much, as such proposals must be carefully considered, and in any case I have been very busy myself and doubt I would have even had the time to read your reply had it arrived sooner.

I am currently holidaying in Espana (have you managed to squeeze in a holiday this year?), but when I return I propose that perhaps we meet to discuss further the possibility of working together on a documentary; I have several other ideas. I am currently based in Manchester and, should you care to venture North, know of several pubs that pull a cracking pint. However, if you are unable to travel for any reason, I would gladly come to you. Perhaps you could charge my travel expenses to the BBC? That way nobody loses, other than the license paying public, and who cares about them?!?

I trust that this letter finds you well and eagerly await your response.

Your fan,

Joe.