Hero Worship & Boxing.

This used to be a blog about heroes. I wrote tongue in cheek letters to folks I looked up to. I even got some replies. Now it will also include my attempts at boxing writing. And possibly some more letters, if I get around to it.



Thursday 9 September 2010

Louis Theroux replies.

That's right folks. I'm as shocked as you probably are. Louis Theroux read my letter and deemed it worthy of a reply! Unfortunately, he was not as excited about the documentary pitch as I had anticipated, but there's hope yet me thinks. Louis, if you're reading this, brace yourself for another letter!



Hi Joe,


Many thanks for your kind email - and apologies for not replying sooner.

I'm very flattered that you have enjoyed my programmes so much.

One of the things I enjoy about making documentaries is that it allows me to escape my own life and enter into other peoples'; so the idea of meeting fans of me does not necessarily appeal. But I appreciate the thought. And I don't mean that it's not a good idea for a documentary, just that I think I'd find it a bit embarrassing.

I wish you luck with your project of meeting - or making contact with - your heroes.

Kind regards,

Louis